On downloading and opening the IHA Africa Today client, you may get a message like the one below if your subscription has not been activated yet.
In addition to that , there will be a red bar at the top of the application indicating the status of your subscription to the IHA News Delivery service. It will also notify you your current ip address on the customer information section. Close the application and send us the IP address of the machine you are using (optionally found using www.whatismyip.com on your browser as well).
- where to store the xml and the video files in your computer
- which formats of videos from allowed ones to be downloaded
- frequency of sending download requests to check new files in terms of minutes
- whether downloaded files will be placed under the same folder or under the date-named folders
- whether the program should start on each windows login
- frequency of deleting xml download logs which show the list of downloaded files per day.
- time window in hours to determine the ages of files to be selected for download.
- Proxy settings if it is in use. "Default Username" should be checked only if your proxy works on an anonymous authentication mode. You should consult your IT security managment for thesse settings. In most cases, username and password fields are blank, and "Default Username" box is checked.